Tools are heavy and can be hazardous also. While using tools you need to be careful, so that you would not get injured yourself and not create problems for others also. Many of the people misplace their tools and not handle their tools properly which can cause accidents or mishaps as well. In this article, there are shown some safety norms by following those you can be able to secure the safety of yourself and other people around you.
· While carrying the tools a worker should have a proper grip on the tools. Especially when a worker is carrying tools up or down using a ladder, he/she should hold the tool properly so that it will not cause an accident. If tools are heavier and cannot be easily handled by one person then others should help that person for carrying the tools.
· Tools should not be tossed in the working area while it can also cause injury to the others. If a worker wants to pass a tool to the other worker then the right way is to give it in hand only. Tools can be as hazardous as sharp weapons which can make you and other bleed or injured, so you should be careful while handling such things.
· Workers who carry heavy tools on their shoulder need to check their movement while moving. Everybody needs to maintain a gap from the person carrying heavy tools on the shoulder so that people would not get injured from the movements of the worker who is carrying the tool.
· Pointed tools should not be taken in the pocket. Since pointed and sharp tools can easily cut through the fabric. It may cause injury to the person who is using sharp tools. While it is better to carry such things in tools box only.
· Tools which runs on electricity should be used cautiously. Especially when you are using a sharp tool like drill machine. For ensuring the safety of you and your tool, you should get the best corded drill machine. Using which you do not have to worry about any problems.
· Tools should always be placed in their particular place when they are not in use. Usually, workers do not keep their tools safely, which can also cause accidents also. Leaving the sharp tool in the elevated position can easily cause injury to the other people in the working area.
While you would like to avoid accidents in your working area then you should follow all the safety norm given in this article. By following this you can be able to secure the safety of the workers and other people in the working area.